Friday, March 27, 2015

Too Faced Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush in Candy Glow Review and Swatches


This beautiful trio-color blush was given to me as a birthday gift this year. The packaging is absolutely gorgeous and the colors are so beautiful, both inside and out!



The description from Sephora says:

"Three perfect swatches of ultraflattering blush allow you to either swirl the colors together and apply or use more of one shade for a custom flush or highlight. This blush was developed with easy application and a no-fail color palette to take the guesswork out of creating a sweet, romantic flush. With a baked color formula— the same technology that allows it to truly work on all skintones—the blush can be applied as a beautiful buildable finish." 


I won't lie, I was really hesitant to use this blush because it was just too perfect-looking. I was also kind of worried that it would appear too glittery on my cheeks, After swatching the colors on my hand, I was surprised by how subtle the shimmer was.

Top to Bottom: peach, coral, and pink

If you're looking for a buttery blush, you won't find it here. Each color was soft to the touch but leaned towards the dry side. The pigmentation of this blush isn't overwhelmingly pigmented, it does have some decent color payoff to it. Candy Glow is the perfect blend of pink, coral, and peach, creating the perfect flush of color on the cheeks when swirled together. Here is a swatch on my hand:


But keep in mind, a swatch on the hand and an application on the cheeks will look different. When applying it, I made sure to lightly dab my brush on the blush rather than swirling it around in attempt to prevent powder flying everywhere because this happened the first time for me! Although this shade is the perfect blush for those with light skin tones, it is still visible on my light-medium skin and adds a subtle hint of color and can be buildable. For darker skin tones, this blush will create a lovely highlight but, because I can imagine the color won't show up as well, Something About Berry may be a more suitable shade.

I never would have bought this blush on my own so I'm really grateful I received it as a gift. This blush is love at first sight and I don't think I can stop looking at it!