Saturday, March 21, 2015

LUSH Mint Julips Lip Scrub Review



I know my last few posts have been about LUSH products, so this one will be the last one for a while. It's just that I'm cleaning my room and I'm trying to get rid of things and, in the whole process, I'm rediscovering products that I bought a while ago but haven't been using. This is one of them.

This thing was actually my very first purchase from LUSH back in 2013! I decided to give this product a try after hearing so many on YouTube talk about how great it was. It is $9.95 for a 0.8 oz jar and tastes like mint chocolate ice cream.


So many people rave about Mint Julips and call it a product they cannot live without. Since I bought this two years ago and still have a lot of product left, I bet you can already guess how I feel about it.

The directions say:

"Scrub your lips with our sugary Lip Scrubs to make them smooth and tempting. Take a pea-sized amount and scrub your lips soft, then lick off the excess!"



Not only do I think it's sticky and messy, but I also find the fact that you can lick off your dead and exfoliated skin cells right off your lips unappealing and unappetizing, no matter how tasty this product is.

I feel like I might be one of the rare few people that hate Mint Julips, but I think it is unnecessary. I find using a wet toothbrush and warm water to exfoliate my lips works much better. I've been doing this for years, after brushing my teeth, and I am always left with perfectly smooth lips and any lip color I apply goes on perfectly.

This product is expired but I don't want my money to go to waste so I will use this every day and wash it off my lips in the sink until it's gone. Will I repurchase? Absolutely not. Sorry guys, but this scrub is not for me! (I can't wait to add it to my next empties post, though!)