Monday, March 16, 2015

LUSH Karma Soap Review


This soap was part of the LUSH Season's Greetings holiday gift set from 2014, but it is included in lots of other gift sets too. Karma soap is available individually for $7.95 in stores or online. It is described as "the ultimate LUSH scent" and smells strongly of spicy patchouli, which is a shrub from the mint family. The spicy scent is complimented with lemongrass, orange oil, and pine oil, making this a very unique scent. If you are accustomed to sweet or floral scents, Karma may not be for you.



I used this on my body and was afraid to use it on my face because I have acne-prone skin. Karma soap barely lathered but it left my skin feeling very soft and smelling great throughout the day. The aroma lingered in the bathroom long after my showers, to the point where there was almost no need for an air freshener. At first, the scent was a bit overpowering, but I found that it was also very addicting and uplifting.

The only thing I don't like about this is the fact that it doesn't seem to last very long. I saw this soap shrink so quickly with each shower, despite having a draining soap dish. I would say this soap lasts 25-30 showers.

This was my first LUSH soap and I must say I'm very pleased with it, but I would not purchase this again because it is pricey and does not last long.