Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Reduce Product Contamination in Your LUSH Pots!



I love LUSH but from a hygienic point of view, I think their pots are a bad idea. I think it is safe to say that most people's hands are wet when scooping product out of a LUSH pot. It is also likely that some of the product slips out of the hands and falls back into the pot. So there goes your product, along with excess water and who knows what icky things from your hands. The thought of potential unwanted things floating around in my products makes me cringe. I also like doing what I can to prolong the life of my products, and having water drip from my hands into my pot will not help.

So what do I do?

Instead of using products directly out of the LUSH pot, I actually transfer it into a smaller container. I bought Diamond Multi-Purpose Mini Cups for an entirely different purpose, but they have come in handy for storage my products for daily use. You've probably seen containers like these from restaurants with sauce in them. I found a pack with 50 cups at Target for $2.99! That's cheap!


I actually use a clean plastic tongue depressor to stir (if necessary) and transfer my products. I received some with a sugar scrub from Bath & Body Works. Luckily I kept them around in case I needed stir other future products because they sure have come in handy!

Left to Right: Ocean Salt and Mask of Magnaminty

I know it's an extra step, but think about how you're protecting a large portion of your product from excess water and bacteria when using little bits at a time from a separate container. I think it's worth it!