Friday, March 13, 2015

LUSH Ocean Salt Review



What once looked like this:


Now looks like this:


I don't know much about LUSH products, but I do know they're expensive! I decided to give a bunch of products a try during their holiday buy one get one sale. In addition to some gift sets, I decided to purchase Ocean Salt, especially after hearing a friend rave about it. However, I was warned that this may not work for people with sensitive skin, because it might be too harsh. That didn't stop me though. The price, however, made me cringe. Ocean Salt comes in two sizes: 4.2 oz for $21.95 and 8.8 oz for $35.95. If I'm spending that much on a scrub, it better be amazing.

This scrub has bright blue coarse sea salt at the top, but you have to stir it around and mix it with the white fine sea salt at the bottom, turning the mixture into a light blue with a hint of green. It's gorgeous! Ocean Salt also has a shelf life of 14 months, which is great!

This is what LUSH has to say about this product:

"Washing with Ocean Salt is like taking your face on a trip to the seaside for an invigorating splash in the water. The minerals in sea salt soften as it scrubs away dirt, dead skin and blockages for a bright, fresh face. We mix in fresh avocado and coconut to hydrate thirsty skin, leaving it balanced and soft. The cleansing effects of lime and vodka are ideal for blocked pores, blackheads or blemishes and leave skin visibly brightened. It's no wonder Ocean Salt is so enormously popular!"


I am more than happy to say this was worth it! I now understand why this scrub is a best seller!

I have mild acne and combination skin. I started using this in the morning and at night and followed up with Alba Botanica AcneDote Oil Control Lotion. After a week, I saw a huge difference in my skin and I even received compliments about it! My skin cleared up so much and I was left with soft and smooth skin.

It took me two months to finish Ocean Salt and now I'm heartbroken. This is basically a jar of happiness- the smell is intoxicating and reminds me of summer, AND it does miracles for my skin. It's a win-win! I am thrilled with this product and I can't wait until I have more!