Monday, March 9, 2015

Dior Addict Lip Glow Review



Dior Addict Lip Glow is a moisturizing lip balm that is supposed to enhance your natural lip color. Basically a my-lips-but-better product.


First of all, let's appreciate the packaging here. It is baby pink, elegant, and gorgeous.


And yes, because of the packaging these lip balms have to be stored upside down, which may bother a lot of people who have lots of lip products standing right-side up, but I think the packaging is so beautiful that it's okay!

The description from Sephora says:

"Awaken and enhance the natural beauty of your lips with this unique balm. Formulated with color reviver technology, this silky lipstick reacts with the chemistry of your lips to create a special shade that will last all day. The addition of SPF 10 will keep you protected, while hydrating mango butter and loofah extract nourish for beautiful, luscious lips."

This Color Reviver Balm comes in two shades: sheer natural pink and sheer pink coral (which has been marked as limited edition several times). Both retail at $33 at Sephora, which is very steep for any lip product, especially a lip balm.

I received the original Lip Glow as a gift in 2013 and fell in love. I wanted another one for a long time but felt bad about splurging on such an expensive lip balm. This past Christmas, I received a gift card to Sephora and was finally able to repurchase it. To make things even better, I also received the pink coral one for my birthday!





I love the way Lip Glow feels on my lips. The application is smooth and the subtle scent is minty but sweet like vanilla. It definitely changes the colors of my lips, although it is a gradual change. Beware though, this product is not a remedy for extremely chapped lips! Although these balms are very moisturizing, it is best to not use this when your lips are flaky and dry, because the dry skin and cracks will be pink and enhanced.

In the picture below, there are four swatches. The first two are of the Sheer Natural Pink shade when first swatched, and after 10 minutes. The last two swatches are of the same thing, but with the Sheer Pink Coral shade.

Left to Right: Sheer Natural Pink 0-10 Minutes and Sheer Pink Coral 0-10 Minutes

As you can see, there is a subtle color change but it is hard to see because it is on my hand and there is not much for the balms to work with. But let me tell you, on the lips you will see a beautiful color!

I am in love with Dior Addict Lip Glow and I carry it with me in my purse. Is this a must-have? Definitely not, but I do think this is a nice indulgence to have depending on what you are looking for.

This lip balm gives your lips a slight touch of color and good moisture but nothing more. If you don't wear a lot of makeup but are looking for a finished MLBB look, you might be interested in this product. But if you are an avid lipstick wearer or are looking for something to cure those super dry chapped lips, I would skip this and look for something else.