Friday, April 3, 2015

Nail Polish Detox


Over the years, I have accumulated lots of nail polishes and I ran out of places to put them. I used to put a lot of time and effort into making my nails look their best and painting my nails was a way to de-stress. I actually lost track of how many bottles of nail polish I had, until I recently counted. I had 103! I know this number may be small for nail polish junkies, but this is a number that is way too many for me now.

With the goal of getting rid of unnecessary things in my room, I was able to pick out 85 nail polishes in good to excellent condition that I no longer needed in my collection and sold them on eBay. The box was heavy!



The photo below shows my nail polish collection, before and after my detox (with a little rearrangement):


As you can see, I was able to clear up space in a lot of the pockets of my organizer on the back of my closet door. I'm still trying to figure out the perfect arrangement, but so far I've been able to fit my face masks and samples along with my nail polishes in  the organizer very nicely!


This little project was a great start to de-cluttering my room. I was able to free up the bins that were holding my masks and samples, and now I can use those bins for something else. I also donated three bags of clothing to Goodwill and freed up a lot of space in my closet! It's very hard for me to get rid of my things because I'm a hoarder, but I'm enjoying the changes I'm seeing in my room so far!