Friday, February 27, 2015

February Nail Polish Favorites


This is probably my all-time favorite nail polish combination but I don't wear it often because it takes time and effort, both in applying the polish and removing it. (Glitter is such a pain!) I wanted festive nails for Valentine's Day and after it chipped, I decided to redo it (I can't stand chipped nail polish, so I always remove it as soon as possible) and I ended up wearing this look for the rest of the month.

After applying my base coat (I use CND Stickey Base Coat), I apply a silver nail polish. The one I currently have was bought in Asia, but any brand works. I seal this layer with my Seche Vite fast dry top coat.

Next, I apply a glitter polish with fine glitter in it, like the one from Pure Ice which can be found at Walmart and apply Seche Vite once again. After this, I apply a polish with coarse silver glitter and get the glitter placement the way I want it before applying my final layer of Seche Vite.

It's a lot of layers, which can shorten the life of the manicure, but it definitely makes removing the nail polish fairly easy because you can peel the color off in one piece. If you don't mind putting in extra effort in removing the nail polish, then definitely skip the top coat in between the layers and just save it for the end.


My go-to color for my toes is pink and will always be pink. I am currently loving Sally Hansen Miracle Gel in Rosey Riviter. I think it's the perfect shade of pink for my skin tone and it's so classy.

It's also perfect for the fingers as well!




Products Mentioned with Average Pricing:

CND Stickey Anchoring Base Coat - 0.33 oz - $8.50
CND Stickey Anchoring Base Coat - 2.3 oz - $10.99
Pure Ice - Beware - $1.97
Essie Luxeffects Glitter Top Coat - Set in Stones - $8.50
Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat - $9.95
Sally Hansen Miracle Gel - #180 Rosey Riviter - $9.99
Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Top Coat - $9.99