Tuesday, February 24, 2015

My Holy Grail Base Coat and Top Coat




CND Stickey Anchoring Base Coat

Using a base coat is important because it prevents staining and makes the nail polish adhere better.

A good friend let me try her bottle of CND Stickey and I immediately knew I had to get my own. This stuff is very watery but it dries very quickly and leaves a sticky layer on the nails. Don't worry though, because it's not overwhelmingly sticky and it also dries clear despite having a bluish-greenish tint to it. It comes in two sizes (0.33 fluid ounces and 2.3 fluid ounces) and be found in online, salons, and in beauty supply stores.

This is the best base coat I have ever used! My nail polish lasts a lot longer without chipping when using this base coat as opposed to other base coats, and a little bit goes a long way. I definitely recommend this base coat to anyone who is looking for a base coat that will help extend the life of their manicures.

0.33 oz - $8.50
2.3 oz - $10.99




Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat


The hype is all true! This is the best top coat ever!

I am a huge fan dry fast top coats because I don't have enough time or patience to wait a long for my nails to dry. (It's also a bummer when you accidentally bump your hand into something shortly after you've painted them too...) Seche Vite has saved many of my manicures and I have got through three or four bottles of it already!

A lot of people say they can't stand the smell, but I don't have an issue with it. (It's nail polish. What do you expect?) My only issues with this would have to be the price, and the fact that it thickens in the bottle pretty quickly. Despite these two cons, I will continue to repurchase this top coat because I think it is an excellent top coat!

0.5 fl oz - $9.95