Friday, February 13, 2015

My Current Favorite Hair Products


I wanted to treat my hair and try out some salon quality hair products so I decided to splurge on Chi back in November. While I have not tried many salon quality products out there, I feel like I made an excellent purchase!


Unfortunately, the Infra Shampoo does not lather as well as other shampoos, but that is one of the consequences of having a sulfate free shampoo. Using sulfate shampoos can strip the natural oils away from your hair, causing your body to work extra hard to replace the missing oils. This will result in your hair becoming greasy much more quickly. However, I have found that using this shampoo too often makes my hair feel oily, probably because of the natural oil buildup due to the lack of sulfate needed for deep cleaning. Sulfate free shampoos are probably best for people with thick, coarse, and curly hair, but I love the way this shampoo makes my hair feel too much to give it up. To compromise, I alternate between this shampoo and other shampoos that are in my shower.


I don't normally use conditioner but I LOVE this conditioner and I think it is the best conditioner to have ever existed. The Infra Treatment smells great and leaves my hair feeling so soft and silky! The result can be seen immediately once this product is washed off.


It seems like everyone raves about Silk Infusion, so I was really excited to try this one out. This product is perfect for frizzy and dry hair and, while my hair isn't dry, I have noticed that it has made a difference in making my hair less frizzy. I work this stuff into my hair after I dry it with a towel. My hair also feels so soft afterwards! I also use a little bit before and after I straighten my hair, which is maybe once a week these days. The major downside is the cost, but a little definitely goes a long way! And you get great looking and smelling hair!


I wanted a cheaper heat protectant for my hair (so I could alternate between products and make my Silk Infusion last longer) and decided to purchase Iron Guard as well. I haven't used this enough to form a solid opinion yet, but so far I don't have any complaints!

If I could repurchase these products all over again, I would! My hair feels great and smells great all day long after I use these products! Something I would like to do in the future, however, is to try out a whole bunch of salon quality shampoos and conditioners and compare how they make my hair feel, but something tells me that will be a very expensive project...


Products Mentioned with Average Pricing:

Chi Infra Shampoo
12 oz -$14.00
32 oz - $29.50

Chi Infra Treatment
12 oz - $15.00
32 oz - $30.50

Chi Silk Infusion
2 oz - $14.00
6 oz - $25.50
12 oz - $43.00

Chi 44 Iron Guard
8.5 oz - $15.00