Thursday, March 30, 2017

Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette Swatches


I didn't think I'd want or need anymore eye shadow palettes, but when I received a Sephora gift card for Christmas, I decided to give into the hype and get Too Faced's Sweet Peach palette ($49) after telling myself I didn't need it and it wasn't that amazing. Even though many of Too Faced palettes are hit and miss, I'm really glad I got this because, not only is the packaging adorable but, the sweet smell of peaches is very noticeable even when this beauty is packaged up in its box.


This palette features a variety of 18 beautiful pink, coral, bronze, and purple eye shadows in metallic, matte, pearl, satin, and shimmer finishes. There is also a glamour guide included with this palette that shows you how to do three different looks with Sweet Peach.



Again, let's appreciate this adorable, bright and fun packaging!


And the colors!


As you can see, I could barely fit all of the shadows on my arm.

Left to Right: White Peach, Luscious, Just Peachy, Bless Her Heart, Tempting, Charmed I'm Sure, Nectar, Cobbler, Candied Peach, Bellini, Peach Pit, Delectable, Peaches 'n Cream, Georgia, Caramelized, Puree, Summer Yum, Talk Derby To Me

Here's a close up of the swatches, row by row starting with the first row:

White Peach: matte vanilla cream
Luscious: pearl peach champagne
Just Peachy: shimmering peachy pink
Bless Her Heart:golden moss
Tempting: bronzed black
Charmed, I'm Sure: matte medium cool brown 

Left to Right: White Peach, Luscious, Just Peachy, Bless Her Heart, Tempting, Charmed I'm Sure

Second row:

Nectar: pearly peachy cream
Cobbler: peachy pinked bronze
Candied Peach: matte coral with violet shimmer
Bellini: gilded peach
Peach Pit: satin perfect rasin
Delectable: matte smoky amethyst

Left to Right: Nectar, Cobbler, Candied Peach, Bellini, Peach Pit, Delectable
And the third row:

Peaches 'n Cream: matte milky peach
Georgia: matte peachy pink
Carmelized: dark gilded bronze
Puree: metallic dark bronze
Summer Yum: matte gingerbread
Talk Derby To Me: shimmering black violet

Left to Right: Peaches 'N Cream, Georgia, Caramelized, Puree, Summer Yum, Talk Derby To Me
The quality of the shimmer shades are far more outstanding than the matte shades, which is a little disappointing. After doing a few looks with this palette, it seems like eye shadow primer is a must, and matte shades have to be layered on. My favorite shade has to be either Luscious, Cobbler, or Caramelized. The most disappointing shade in this palette for me is Talk Derby To Me. As you can see in my swatch, it is very patchy and not pigmented at all.

All in all, even though this palette has a few disappointing shades, I'm really glad I have this as part of my collection now. Every time I open up the palette, the sweet smell of candied peaches fills the air and it puts me in a fantastic mood! :)