Wednesday, March 15, 2017

K-Beauty Goodies


Asia is very well known for their top notch beauty products, so much that many western brands are following in their footsteps and incorporating their ideas into their products. From BB creams to hydrating serums and masks, they really know how to make amazing products that will transform your skin like never before.  I am a huge fan of Boscia, which is a Japanese company in Southern California that is preservative-free and botanically based. I have fallen in love with every single Boscia product I have tried, especially their Luminizing Black Mask. I am definitely looking forward to trying out more.

Left to Right: MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil, Purifying Cleansing Gel, Detoxifying Black Cleanser, Luminizing Black Mask, Charcoal Pore Pudding Intensive Wash-Off Treatment, Exfoliating Peel Gel, White Charcoal Mattifying MakeUp Setting Spray, Tsubaki Deep Hydration Sleeping Mask, and Tsubaki Splash Mask


I have recently been interested in Korean beauty products, or K-Beauty as it's called in the makeup and skincare world. I have received some Tony Moly products as gifts, and it has made me want to try more K-Beauty products. Below, I have the Tony Moly peach hand cream and lip balm, which both smell so delightful, it's like you're smelling a real peach.



The two lip products are also fun and cute!


Something I also picked up a while back from Ulta is the Tony Moly Cool Eye Stick ($12). Although I'm not entirely certain that this product actually does anything for my under eye area because that isn't really an area of concern for me, it's quick and easy to use, feels soothing and moisturizing upon application, and it's adorable!


I was also given three Egg Pore products from my friend, which comes in adorable egg-shaped packaging. Below I have the Egg Pore Blackhead Steam Balm, which is a self-heating balm that open up the pores and removes blackheads, whiteheads, and dead skin cells; the Egg Pore Tightening Cooling Pack, which has a cooling effect to tighten and close pores; and the Egg Pore Silky Smooth Balm, a moisturizing primer.


Left to Right: Blackhead Steam Balm, Tightening Cooling Pack, and Silky Smooth Balm

Left to Right: Blackhead Steam Balm and Tightening Cooling Pack

I decided to purchase the Egg White Pore Foam ($11) and Egg White Pore Mask ($10.50) from Skinfood at Ulta (very exciting!) which are perfect for anyone with acne-prone skin. Although I have not used these two products for very long, they leave my skin feeling very clean. However, I do recommend pairing these up with a really good moisturizer because it can feel a bit drying. (And correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Skinfood makes an egg white moisturizer yet.)


Skinfood also has wash off masks that I'm very excited to try. Below I have the Rice Mask ($10), Black Sugar Mask ($10), Strawberry Black Sugar ($11.50), and Black Sugar Honey ($11.50) wash off masks. (I've recently tried the Rice Mask Wash Off and you can read more about that below!)


There are a few more Skinfood products that contain rice, and I decided to get the Brightening Facial Cleansing Tissue pack ($12) and the Brightening Scrub Foam ($14). These are products that I have tried and so far I am happy with them.


I started out by using the cleansing wipes to remove my makeup. There are 80 wipes in this package and each wipe is a decent size.


It removed my waterproof liner but did not remove my waterproof mascara. If I had worn non-waterproof makeup, I think one wipe would be able to take it all off. For the price and the amount of wipes you get, I don't mind these.


After the cleansing wipes, I used the scrub foam, which provides very gentle exfoliation. I could see this being gentle enough to use every day, but I might actually alternate this with my Egg White Pore Foam. The Rice Mask Wash Off was what I tried next, and let me tell you... even with one use, I can tell that this stuff is heaven!



The consistency is smooth with soft granules, which I assume is rice. There is a slight fragrance but it is pleasant and not overwhelming. After massaging this into the skin for ten minutes and then rinsing it off, my skin felt very soft and hydrated! I'm very excited to continue to use this on a weekly basis, as well as try out my other Skinfood wash off masks.


The next three products are from Tony Moly. I purchased their Fresh Cleansing Tissue pack ($8.50), Moisture Mist ($22.50), and Water Recharging Sleeping Pack, which is also known as their Water Bomb Sleeping Pack ($16.50). I know Tony Moly has the Moisturizing Foam Cleanser, but I can't seem to find it in stores around me and it's not listed on the Tony Moly website anymore, so I might just have to pop into the Tony Moly store if I'm ever in NYC or search around online to see if it's still available...


Something I'm excited to try are these two products that were given to me for Christmas. Caolion's Premium Hot & Cool Pore Pack have a lot of good reviews, so I have high hopes for it. I've never heard of Holika Holika's Pig Nose Clear Blackhead Cleansing Sugar Scrub, but I'm curious to see what it'll be like.


The last part of my goodies is something I'm very excited about... new sheet masks! I've had a quite the stash of sheet masks in the past, but I've seen to have gone through them all. Some of these masks were given to me as gifts, and some of them I bought from Ulta. Below are six sheet masks from the "I'm Real" line ($3.75), and two from the "Pureness 100" line ($4.00).




I also bought a few of these Strawberry Nose Packs ($3.50) which includes three nose patches that are meant for one treatment. I used one with my sister and, although it very time consuming, the sweet smell of strawberries made it very enjoyable and our noses looked and felt great afterwards!


It is very exciting that Korean beauty products are becoming more available in the US now without having to travel a long way. Tony Moly and Skinfood products are very affordable compared to many other products so it makes it easier to try a variety of different products to find the perfect ones for you. Eventually I would like to invest in a high end cleanser, toner, and moisturizer, I have samples of Belif's Moisturizing Bomb and Aqua Bomb($38 full size) that I really love and am interested in getting a full size of in the future, but for now, I will continue to use these products on a daily basis and see if they will still do my skin wonders in the long run.

Left to Right: Aqua Bomb and Moisturizing Bomb