Tuesday, March 7, 2017

2016 in Review (and Empties!)


Hello, I'm back!

So 2016 was a real rough year... It seemed like paychecks after paychecks were disappearing into thin air and products were accumulating faster than I could even use them. 2016 was not a good year for me and I decided to cope by shopping. I enjoyed getting a rush out of shopping, but that was not a feeling that stuck around. Instead of making me feel better, all my shopping made me feel worse because I had many large credit card bills to pay.

Towards the end of the year, I started to step back and reevaluate all the choices I had been making. Shopping is okay, but it is very important to set limits. I tucked away my credit cards for safe keeping and only allowed myself to have only one debit card that received only small percentage of my paycheck from each pay period. This was the amount of money I allowed myself to have every two weeks, and if I ran out, I'd have to go the rest of the week with no money to spend. This meant I could buy makeup if I wanted to... but I had to decide if it's something I really wanted or needed because I only have a limited amount of money.

It's been over five months since I've made this change in my life and so far it's been working out quite well. I've finally been able to save up some money AND I also get to treat myself occasionally! It's still a work in progress though, and I'm hoping with each day that goes by, the urges to have a Sephora or Ulta haul will diminish.

But for now... I present to you, my fourth batch of empties (no comments though, since there are a lot of empties this time around!):



01. Simple Cleansing Micellar Water
02. Perricone MD Blue Plasma Cleansing Treatment
03. Almay Longwear & Waterproof Gentle Eye Makeup Remover
04. Almay Longwear & Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover Pads
05. Sephora Collection Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover
06. Shiseido Absolute Eye Makeup Remover
07. Murad Oil‑Control Mattifier
08. G.M. Collin Sensiderm Cream
09. First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Oil‑Free Mattifying Gel
10. GLAMGLOW SUPERMUD Clearing Treatment
11. GLAMGLOW SUPERMUD Clearing Treatment
12. boscia Detoxifying Black Cleanser
13. Earth Science Clarifying Facial Wash
14. Earth Science Creamy Fruit Oil Cleanser


15. Cover FX Mattifying Primer with Anti Acne Treatment
16. Benefit Cosmetics The Porefessional Face Primer
17. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Oil Free (Ochre)
18. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz Pencil (Chocolate)
19. Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow Volumizing Fiber Gel (Medium/Deep)
20. Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer (Custard)
21. Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream Eyes Broad Spectrum SPF 15 (Light/Medium)
22. Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner (Jet Black)
23. Kat Von D Ink Liner (Trooper)
24. Kat Von D Tattoo Liner (Trooper)
25. Marc Jacobs Magic Marc'er Precision Pen Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner (Blacquer)
26. BUXOM Lash Mascara
27. Tarte Lights, Camera, Flashes Statement Mascara
28. MAKE UP FOREVER Smoky Extravagant Mascara
29. Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
30. Maybelline Volum' Express Pumped Up! Colossal Mascara
31. Dior Addict Lip Glow (Pink)
32. Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray
33. Urban Decay De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray


34. Neutrogena Anti‑Residue Shampoo
35. OGX Nourishing Coconut Milk Shampoo
36. Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Super Rich Wash Shampoo
37. Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo
38. Bath & Body Works Winter Candy Apple Hand Soap
39. Bath & Body Works Fresh Sparkling Snow Hand Soap
40. Bath & Body Works Gingerbread Latte Hand Soap
41. Dermadoctor Total Nonscents Ultra‑gentle Brightening Antiperspirant
42. e.l.f. Daily Brush Cleanser
43. beautyblender blendercleanser Solid Makeup Cleanser
44. Soap & Glory Smoothie Star Breakfast Scrub