Sunday, August 23, 2015

Two Months without Shopping! But Now I Really, Really Want to Shop! (See Wanted Products)


I've finally made it two months without shopping for products, which is the longest I've ever gone. The first month flew by but the second month was a real struggle. I've unsubscribed to emails from all of my favorite websites, recycled catalogs that come in the mail for me without even flipping through the pages, and avoided YouTube makeup guru videos.

Practicing self-control has been really hard but knowing that I've been able to make it two months without without shopping makes me feel really good about myself. I'm even able to walk into the makeup aisle of a store and not buy anything, although I won't deny that I often stare longingly at the window displays at Sephora...

I've been using the products that I already have and also experimenting with new products samples that I've asked for in stores, which is actually becoming quite dangerous because of the chance of falling in love with a product that I don't have.

After two long months of not paying attention to makeup sites, I caved in and started browsing around. I now have a short (or relatively short?) list of products that I want, which include beloved products that I already have, products that I've samples and loved, and products that I haven't tried but want to try.


1. Philosophy Purity One-Step Facial Cleanser (32 oz) - Sephora, $55.00
2. LUSH Ultrabland Facial Cleanser (3.5 oz) - LUSH, $29.95
3. LUSH Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub (8.8 oz) - LUSH, $35.95
4. G.M. Collin Oxygen PurActive Mask (1.7 oz) - $34.00
5. LUSH Tea Tree Water Toner Water (8.4 fl oz) - $21.95
6. Peter Thomas Roth Glycolic Acid 10% Moisturizer (2.2 oz) - $45.00
7. Magic Marc'er Precision Pen Waterproof Eyeliner - Sephora, $30.00
8. Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner - Sephora, $22.00
9. It Cosmetics Vitality Lip Flush 4-in-1 Reviver Lipstick Stain - Ulta, $20.00
10. Lipstick Queen Frog Prince Lipstick - Ulta, $25.00
11. Givenchy Hydra Sparkling Magic Lip & Cheek Balm - Sephora, $31.00

Out of the products on this list, the ones I've sampled are (2) Ultrabland and (4) the PurActive Mask. I could not believe what a difference these products made on my skin! I had asked for a sample of the mask after an esthetician used it on my face during a facial. She also used other products from G.M. Collin and Suki, which made my skin look clear, smooth, and radiant. I will have to refrain from going back to the spa and asking to buy all the products that were used on me...

The products I'm in love with are the ones I already have- (1) Purity, (3) Ocean Salt, and (5) Tea Tree Water. I received Purity from a friend for Christmas and it ended up becoming my all-time favorite cleanser for many months. I am about halfway through my current bottle, but what I would LOVE is the largest size of this cleanser which comes with a pump! Oh my goodness, I would cry.

The other products listed are ones that I have not tried but really want. I've swatched the liquid liners at Sephora multiple times on my hand and am impressed at how hard they are to remove. I'm not sure which one is better, (7) Marc Jacobs', or (8) Stila's, but they are both on my list. I also would love to add to my collection of color changing lip balms, which currently consists of Sephora's Color Reveal Lip Balm, Dior Addict Lip Glow, and Tarte's LipSurgence Skintuitive Lip Tint, all which I have multiples of. I've been interested in (9) It Cosmetics' for a while, but I've recently started eyeing (11) Givenchy's and (10) Lipstick Queen's, which looks a little intimidating. There's also a moisturizer on my list. My esthetician also recommended a moisturizer with glycolic acid (instead of salicylic acid), and the PTR Glycolic Acid Moisturizer is something that stands out to me, because of the positive reviews about clearing adult acne.

Writing this blog post was a little difficult for me because it just made me want all of these products even more. It's been a big accomplishment to make it this far, and to make it another month would be incredible. Soon summer will be over and Black Friday and Christmas deals will be here before you know it, and I can only imagine it'll become more difficult to control myself with each passing day. As long as I don't want anymore products, I think I will be okay...

In the meantime...

I think I'll go celebrate with something yummy!