Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Help! I Want More Eyeshadow Palettes!

The Lorac Pro eyeshadow palette has been a long time favorite palette of mine for many years, mostly because of the top row of matte shadows. I even bought a backup when I started hitting pan on one shade. With my efforts to downsize and de-clutter, I've been able to reduce the amount of products I use in my daily makeup routine. Eyeshadow isn't part of my daily routine anymore and it's been several months since I've worn it. I've recently made the difficult decision to sell my backup Lorac Pro palette, which I never even got the chance to open.

It seems like matte eyeshadow palettes are becoming more accessible these days, which is a great thing because I'm not a fan of shadows that don't have a matte finish. What's not so great is that there are two palettes I would LOVE to have BUT I'M ON A RETAIL FAST. Sigh!

The Tarte Tartelette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadow Palette (Sephora, $44) features 12 matte eyeshadow shades that seem flattering for any skin tone. I've swatched some of the shades on my hand before and from what I've seen, they are very buttery and not at all chalky. I'm completely in love with this palette and I wish I could get my hands on it...

The Lorac PRO Matte Palette (Ulta, $28) is another palette I'm interested in. Although it only has 8 shades, I think it would be the perfect addition to the Lorac PRO palette that I already have.

If I had to choose between the two, I would choose the Tarte palette over Lorac in a heartbeat. But since I'm still on my retail fast and am doing quite well with it, I don't have to worry about having to choose one over the other because I'm not buying either of them...

Sigh.

So I GUESS the underlying point of this post is that I was able to let go of one of my favorite palettes today. If you told me I had to get rid of one eyeshadow palette eight months ago, I would have never been able to do it, nevermind get rid of a brand new one. For that, I feel really accomplished and proud of myself! Yay me!