Saturday, January 23, 2016

Miracle Cleansers


I think I've found a miracle cleanser for my skin!

I walked into Sephora in the middle of December and a sales rep asked me if she could help me find anything. I told her I was looking for new facial cleanser for my combination and, more often than not, problematic skin, to which she reacted in excitement. She immediately brought me to the GLAMGLOW section and showed me SUPERCLEANSE, a clarifying cleanser that apparently works miracles. She showed me the mud to form transition on the back of her hand and explained to me how to use the product, since it's a little different from your ordinary cleanser. Here was a cleanser that could be used twice a day, morning and night, and it was supposed to make your skin clearer than it has ever been before. Seeing that I was hesitant about spending $39.00 for a facial cleanser, she told me that one full sized tube lasted her a entire year. Here is the description from the Sephora website:

What it is:
A revolutionary Mud to Foam™ daily cleanser that changes color and transforms from mud into a gentle, effective foaming lather to dissolve oil, makeup, and impurities. 

What it is formulated to do:
Based on the top selling SUPERMUD Clearing Treatment, SUPERCLEANSE™ is the natural next step in the SUPER family for problematic skin. The revolutionary daily cleanser transforms from mud into a foaming lather to dissolve oil and makeup—rinsing away pore-clogging debris and impurities. It’s designed to reduce the appearance of skin imperfections and create a mattified, super clear complexion. 

With the amount of products I already have stored in my room, I wasn't sure if I wanted to spend that much on a cleanser that I wasn't even sure my skin was going to agree with. However, the Sephora sales rep was pretty convincing so I decided to buy the 1 oz version of the cleanser for $14 to see how I liked it. After all, the GLAMGLOW research results say "90% agree there is a visible improvement of the clarity in their skin."


Unlike most cleansers, you apply this onto your dry face. The directions say to apply one or two pumps, but I found that with the small version, three to four pumps was necessary. With the remaining product on your hands, you add a little bit of water and then rub them together to create a foamy lather before rubbing your face again. Then you add a little more water to increase the amount of foam on your face before rinsing it off with warm water.

This cleanser is supposed to remove all traces of makeup, but I wouldn't depend on it to be your primary makeup remover. Be aware that this product is not SUPER foamy, but it does foam up. The pump on the 1 oz version a little frustrating because it kept getting stuck when I pressed it down. Looking at other people's reviews, however, it looks like I'm not the only one having a hard time. Thankfully, it wasn't that big of a deal and the pump was easy to pull back up. After rinsing the product off of my face, my skin felt clean but it was also dry and tight. Because of this, it is very important to moisturize after using this product.

After using up the product, I will have to say that I am part the majority who saw a visible improvement of the clarity of their skin. But for me, it wasn't just an improvement... IT WAS A MIRACLE. My skin, although a bit dry, was so much clearer and after a few days it was FLAWLESS. I couldn't believe it! I even had a few friends ask me if I was wearing anything on my face because my skin looked so good! I was so in love with the results that I not only bought the full sized version of SUPERCLEANSE, but I bought THIRSTYCLEANSE as well.


These two cleansers smell very different from each other. SUPERCLEANSE is minty while THIRSTYCLEANSE smells like coconuts. I also thought it felt creamier than SUPERCLEANSE. Here are the ingredients in the two cleansers along with what they're intended to do:


SUPERCLEANSE

K17 and Mediterranean Clays
To detoxify, refine skin texture, and balance problem-prone skin

Bamboo Charcoal
Provides balance replenishment to the skin with essential bamboo minerals

Licorice Root Extract
Helps improve skin tone and helps clam irritated skin to reduce redness

Black Cumin Seed Extract
Antimicrobial and antioxidant actives, to help provide a more clear complexion

Glycolic and Lactic Acids
Designed for daily use to remove  dead skin cells and build-up for noticeably clearer skin



THIRSTYCLEANSE

Rare Brazilian Yellow Clay
Helps remineralize the skin and rinse away impurities

Pure Green Coconut Water
Immediately boost and replenish skin for intense hydration

Olive Milk
Replenishes skin for supremely smooth texture

South Pacific Plumeria Flower Blossom Extract
Restores the skin barrier function

Indian Gooseberry
Revitalizes and restores natural skin clarity and translucency

I have been using SUPERCLEANSE in the morning and THIRSTYCLEANSE in the evening for a month already and I think it's a good combination that does not disagree with my skin. But for something that is supposed to be moisturizing, I don't think THIRSTYCLEANSE is as hydrating as it could be. I think for those who are looking for a moisturizing treatment for their skin should look into the THIRSTYCLEANSE Hydrating Treatment. This is something I bought in hopes to quench my skin's thirst and get rid of the dry flaky patches that have now resulted from the cleansers. I also got the GLAMGLOW SUPERMUD as well, for times of skin trouble in the future. I haven't used these products enough to formulate a solid opinion yet, but I will let you guys know what I think.


Back to the GLAMGLOW cleansers- I think these two products are perfect for normal to oily skin and those who are looking for clarity, especially when experiencing hormonal breakouts. I would stay away from these cleansers if you have very dry skin or are looking for a cleanser that leaves your skin feeling moisturized. I think this was a great purchase and my money was well spent!