Sunday, July 5, 2015

Sephora Favorites Lash Stash To Go Review


Sephora's mascara samplers are always a good value because not only do you get to try decently sized mascara, but you get a voucher for a free full-size tube of mascara as well! This set has a few kinds of mascaras I've been dying to try out but I didn't want to feel like I was wasting my money if I didn't end up loving them. I purchased this back during the wintertime when I was browsing around Sephora's website looking for a birthday gift for a friend, but for $25, this was something I just couldn't pass up!



You get five mascaras:

1. Blinc Mascara Amplified
2. Josie Maran Argan Black Oil
3. Lancôme Hypnôse Drama
4. Too Faced Better Than Sex
5. Tarte Lights, Camera, Flashes


And the voucher!


After using these mascaras for several months, I've been able to form solid opinions about them. Here's what I think about each of the mascaras:

1. Blinc Mascara Amplified


This was the mascara I wanted to try the most, but it ended up being the biggest disappointment. I love L'Oréal's Double Extend Beauty Tubes mascara because it made my short, stubby lashes look incredible! I expected the same results with this one but I was let down. I'm not very convinced this is a tubing mascara because the the lack of results. This formula was difficult to work with and I didn't feel like it did much for my lashes. It is also very difficult to remove, even with waterproof eye makeup remover. It's possible that maybe I got a bad tube, but I'm glad I didn't purchase a full-sized tube of this because I don't think I will be using this mascara again.

Blinc Mascara Amplified

2. Josie Maran Argan Black Oil 


This mascara was an interesting one for me. I have to layer this one on, but it doesn't look clumpy. Not only does it lengthen my lashes, but it makes them look and feel moisturized as well. Maybe it's psychological because it says there's argan oil in it, but I really like it!

Josie Maran Argan Black Oil

3. Lancôme Hypnôse Drama 


This mascara is excellent and makes my lashes look amazing! The great thing about this mascara is that it only takes one coat to get an incredible result. You have to be careful though because the formula is very wet, so it might be necessary it wipe off the excess along the side of the tube before application. The brush design is interesting as well, and I feel like it helps coat every single eyelash evenly. I have only tried one other Lancôme mascara before this and that ended up being the mascara I reached for the most. I'm really glad this was included in the sampler because it seems like Lancôme does not disappoint!


Lancôme Hypnôse Drama

4. Too Faced Better Than Sex


I have heard many great things about this mascara so my expectations were very high. While I believe this mascara is a good mascara, I don't think it is as incredible as people say. The formula is very wet and takes a long time to dry. It makes my lashes clump together and does not give it the length I was hoping for. I will, however, continue to use this mascara.

Too Faced Better Than Sex

5. Tarte Lights, Camera, Flashes


I've tried the Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara before and didn't like that, and was confused when I saw Lights, Camera, Flashes in this sampler. I almost thought it was the same mascara and was disappointed, but then realized it was different. The first one is described as "a lengthening, curling, volumizing, and conditioning mascara" while this one is "an amped up, ultra-black mascara that lengthens, curls and magnifies lashes for an intensified look, while instantly increasing lash volume by up to 752 percent." Does it really increase lash volume by that much though? Absolutely not. I ended up using about five coats in order to get a decent length and volume but the good thing about this brush and formula is that it does not clump. The drying time is quick and makes my lashes feel soft and natural, but because I have to apply so many coats, I am not a fan.

Tarte Lights, Camera, Flashes

My final thoughts:

I'm really glad I purchases this sampler because I was able to try some popular mascaras. In the end, I think I will be redeeming my voucher for a full size of the Lancôme Hypnôse Drama mascara because that one is my favorite of the bunch!