Monday, July 6, 2015

LUSH Fun Review


Fun is a moldable all-in-one bathtime cheeriness that can be used as a shampoo, soap, or body wash. It can also be crumbled up to create bubbles for a perfect bath. Although this product is most likely targeted at kids, I heard from a few bloggers that it might be a better value to purchase Fun and use it as a bubble bar, than to buy an actual bubble bar from LUSH. At $6.95 for a decently sized roll, I thought it was worth trying out all the scents.


There are five kinds of Fun:

• Red Fun - mandarin and orange
• Pink Fun - candy scented
• Yellow Fun - vanilla icing
• Green Fun - lemon lime
• Blue Fun - lavender chamomile

The scents are very strong. I kept these rolls in a Tupperware container inside a cabinet for a couple months and every time I opened the cabinet I was overwhelmed by the scent of the five rolls of Fun. Individually, however, each roll smells great. Each roll of Fun has a description, and you can read about them in the pictures below. My favorites would have to be either Green Fun (lemon lime) because it smells so refreshing and Blue Fun (lavender chamomile) because it smells relaxing.

The texture is just like Play-Doh, although a bit dryer. It gets more dough-like when wet, and it texture is interesting. It doesn't feel like soap and doesn't dissolve quickly, yet it lathers up like soap, although it doesn't create a rich lather. Dye does come out as you use it but it does not stain (although I wouldn't leave this on the surface of the tub for very long).

I also tried Fun as shampoo out of curiosity and let me tell you... it was terrible. I first tried to form a thick lather in my hands and it wasn't working out, so I thought rubbing the dough in my hair would do the trick. It ended up getting stuck in my hair and I was worried I wouldn't be able to get it all out. It also left my hair feeling so dry that I desperately needed to follow up with conditioner.

I did not use this as bubble bath but I imagine there wouldn't be that many bubbles and you would have to fish out the undissolved chunks of dough from the tub.

Would I purchase Fun again? Probably not. Although I am impressed at how strong the fragrances are, the scents do not linger on my skin and I did not get the rich lather I was hoping for in the shower. My skin was also dry after using this product, which was really disappointing after falling in love with the results of LUSH's body conditioners. The concept of Fun is great... the product just disappoints.