Saturday, May 23, 2015

Help! I've Fallen off the Wagon!

I don't know when it started but I've fallen off the wagon of my retail fast. These past few months were supposed to be months of saving but I've found myself purchasing items that should have been reserved for a special occasion like my birthday or Christmas. Do I want to end my fast? Absolutely not. I do, however, think it's important to stop and rethink my goals once again.

It's almost embarrassing to admit when my last product purchase was because new dates just keep getting added on. Shopping is an addiction for me and need to do something about it. I'm not trying to say no to shopping completely, but it's the impulsive shopping with no budget in mind that is hurting my bank account and is adding to the clutter in my room.

There are a several products that I have bought in the past two months that I shouldn't have bought but now they're sitting in my room and I love them. I'll gladly show the off here in the future.

I've been on a fitness kick lately and I bought a Fitbit fitness tracker to help me get back into a healthy lifestyle. I also bought some gym shorts because the ones in my closet don't fit me as well. I told myself I would stop there but then I found myself buying other active wear that wasn't necessary but I did it because I had coupons. (Those damn coupons...)

When I think about all the things I have bought recently, I don't necessarily feel guilt but instead a little sadness because I think about the amount of money spent, and how much I could have saved up right now. I feel like a failure but I know I want to keep trying. I know I sound like a broken record but I will conquer this shopping addiction. I really do have everything that I need right now and if I have to buy a necessity, then I have to set a budget. I don't need anymore products, clothes, or chocolate-- yes, I started splurging on chocolate as well... My retail fast has been rocky so far, but I'm determined to make it work. Here's to day one again!