Friday, January 30, 2015

Skin Care: Used Products

Without stepping into the makeup area (because then we'd be here all day), I have gathered up all my skin care products that are already opened. This includes cleansers, scrubs, moisturizers, and masks that are in tubes and tubs. I even showed how much product I have left in each thing!


The Mint Julep Masque from Queen Helene is everything to me and it is so cheap. I have gone through several of them, and I really do feel like it makes a difference in my skin every time I use it. It can be over drying on the skin, which is probably why I've been using it sparingly, but it really does work and this one has lasted me over a year!



Also for acne, I have products from Acne.org. I've reordered from Acne.org a few times, but the moisturizer has been sitting on my shelf for years. It's so hard for me to moisturize my face, but I know I should use the moisturizer up... The treatment, on the other hand, is incredible. It really works in clearing up acne but is very drying on the face, which is why they encourage you to moisturize...


Next, I have some products from The Body Shop. Don't ask why I have so many Tea Tree Face Masks... I just do... I'm also pretty sure I got the face masks three years ago, but the lotions are less than a year old.

As you can see, one of them is almost completely empty. That's progress!


I also really like the Seaweed Matifying Day Cream, so much that I have been reluctant to use it. I love the way it makes my face feel though, so I think once I finish up my current moisturizer that I've been trying to use every day (shown in the image after this one), I will go back to this one and use it up.



I love Alba Botanica's Acne Dote line. I love the way they make my face feel. The scrub is also very gentle and makes your face and body feel nice and clean. I also like these products because they contain salicylic acid, which helps treat acne. What a surprise, huh?


This little one also makes my face feel nice and cool, and I think this is my second or third bottle. It's very small and travel-friendly, and has little beads in it. I'm almost done with this one!


Here are some opened samples that I currently have. The deluxe samples were actually part of the Sephora Favorites Skin Cleanse Vol. 2 gift set. I love the Kate Somerville ExfoliKate, but I'm not really a fan of the smell. The Peter Thomas Roth FIRMx Gel Exfoliant is also pretty cool, but I'm kind of skeptical about whether or not it the things rolling around on my face are my dead skin cells...


This was a steal from Ulta, at a sale price of $23 (instead of $46). I bought it in September after many good reviews and wanted to try it out. You're supposed to use this scrub 1-2 times a week as tolerated by the skin, I haven't been consistent enough with it to notice a difference in the KP on my arms, but I will try to be more diligent about it!


I've also been looking for an anti-aging eye cream but didn't want to spend a lot of money on something that may not work. A Sephora consultant recommended the Age Defy Eye Cream which was $25. I haven't used this enough to form a solid opinion about it, but I would like to be more consistent with my eye cream. My only concern about this, however, is the pump and whether or not it will still work once the product runs low.


I had a coupon for skin care items at CVS and decided to try the Yes To products. I grabbed the Yes To Tomatoes in hopes of clearer skin, and from the times that I used it, I think it has improved my skin. I'm a fan!


The Andalou Naturals Skin Food Mask was a Christmas gift and it seriously smells like chocolate. Do not use this mask if you are hungry... Seriously.

My biggest purchase on skin care products has got to be from Dr. Hauschka. Just the full sized version of the Clarifying Steam Bath, Clarifying Clay Mask, and Revitalizing mask made my bank account feel sad. These are products that can make you have the space facial experience right at home, but I'm definitely going to use them sparingly. For all the other times, I wanted a clay powder that I wouldn't feel bad using a lot, so I ordered the Now Foods Moroccan Red Clay Powder from Amazon. So far, I am happy with it!


Last, but not least (for now, until I find some products that I forgot to mention), I have these two things from Lush. This is actually my second pot of Mask of Magnaminty, and I am in love with it. I do wish the Aduki beans pieces were a bit smaller though, but no major complaints here! I love the tingly feeling this mask gives you. I also wanted to try Ocean Salt after hearing so many people rave about it everywhere. I bought these two in early January, right before I declared my retail fast, and I think they're getting used up pretty quickly. I know Mask of Magnaminty is supposed to go bad in about four months, but Ocean Salt is good for up to a year, so I should really slow down on this one... But oh, the way it smells and the way it makes my face feel...!

I guess that's it for now! I'm sure there will be PLENTY of other used products that I forgot about and will rediscover them soon. Hopefully there will be a post about actual empties in the near future! Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Im curious what You think of the body shop tea tree mask? I have tried bits and pieces from the tea tree line and really liked them, but have never tried the mask..

    shannon
    shanlizlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't say it's the best because I feel like there are better masks out there, but I really like it a lot and I feel like it does helps clear up my skin. The only thing I don't really like about it is the fact that it doesn't really dry. This requires a little more effort in washing it off. I think it's definitely worth trying... maybe try out one of those individual packets that they have?

      Delete