Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Laura Mercier Tinted Oil-Free Moisturizer (SPF 20) - First Impressions


I was looking around Sephora the other day (tsk tsk, I know...) and I remembered how I've always wanted to try a high end BB cream or tinted moisturizer. After swatching several products on my hand, a Sephora sales lady asked me if she could help me find anything. After telling her about my combination skin and desire for a light coverage product, she recommended me the oil free version of Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturizer.

Here's the description on the Sephora website:

What it is:
A perfect blend of skincare and makeup that helps control oil-breakthrough and gives skin a sheer hint of color for a healthy, natural glow. 

What it does:
This lightweight formula provides ideal protection from the sun’s harmful, damaging rays with broad spectrum SPF 20 UVB/UVA sunscreen. It also controls oil-breakthrough with hydration to prevent dryness and soften and ease fine, dry lines. An antioxidant complex of vitamins C and E acts as a free radical scavenger to protect the skin from even the most aggressive effects of the environment, all while extremely long-wearing color stays true and wears evenly in a natural, semi-matte finish. Non-comedogenic and dermatologist- and allergy-tested to minimize the risk of irritation, it is perfect for all skin types, including sensitive ones. 

I wanted to make sure I was making the right purchase because this 44 dollar tinted moisturizer was not cheap! However, with 1.7 ounces of product, this seemed like a better deal than other products like it. I was sold. The Sephora sales lady helped me pick out the appropriate shade for me and I was off!

I was extremely excited to try out my new product. I used my fingers to apply the moisturizer around my face and noticed how it gave me natural looking coverage. My skin was not completely matte, but it also wasn't shiny. This product gave my skin a natural glow and left it feeling very soft and moisturized. I might have to add translucent powder over it, but I'm going to keep wearing it on its own to see how I like it. So far I'm impressed!