Monday, February 23, 2015

My Favorite Hand Care Products


I don't always have time to give my hands and nails the attention they deserve, but when I do, I like to start out with my Blue Cross Cuticle Remover. I got this at Sally Beauty Supply a couple of years ago for $6.00 and I still have a good amount. Although it's very runny, it's very easy to use- just massage a couple drops around the nail beds and it cleans up everything so well! Sometimes I like to use an orange stick or a cuticle pusher, but most of the time I just use my hands.


Next, I like to use my sugar hand scrub from Bath & Body Works. I believe this is my third jar, and I'm almost out of it again. After one minute of scrubbing this all around my hands, I rinse it off and I'm left with super soft hands!


I have used various hand creams, but this Hand Food Hydrating Hand Cream is one my favorites. It smells so good and leaves my hand feeling as soft as a baby's. My all-time favorite is the Gold Bond Intensive Healing Hand Cream, but sadly I don't have it at the moment.


I'm addicted to hand sanitizer when I'm on-the-go, but I'm not a fan of how dry it can make your hands feel. I used to buy all the PocketBac hand sanitizers from Bath & Body Works, but now I'm often in environments where I can't use strong fragrances so I've stopped using those. That's okay though, because I think I've found something better. This hand sanitizer moisturizer from Gold Bond, I believe, is the best thing out there. Gold Bond makes the best moisturizers out there, hands down!


Finally, I like to put some kind of conditioning treatment on my cuticles. I'm a long-time user and lover of Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream, but I recently gave mine away to someone who needs it more than I do. I have the Smooth Trick Deep-Conditioning Cuticle Oil from Essie and I love it just as much. I've heard that this product has been discontinued, which is very unfortunate, but if you can find it online anywhere, I think it's a must-have!


The products I have mentioned above are good for everyday use, but on some days, especially during these cold winter days, my hands have been feeling dryer than ever. I bought Working Hands out of curiosity a few months ago after seeing so many people buy it. I only use this hand cream before I go to sleep whenever my hands are super dry, and I think it's made a big difference! I'm very happy with it!



I think all the products I have mentioned are essential hand care products, and I will definitely be repurchasing them in the future!


Products Mentioned with Average Pricing:

Blue Cross Cuticle Remover - $5.99
True Blue Spa  60-Second Manicure Scrub - $12.00
Hand Food Hydrating Hand Cream - $7.00 (1.69 oz)
Gold Bond Ultimate Intensive Healing Hand Cream - $3.87 (3 oz)
Gold Bond Ultimate Hand Sanitizer Moisturizer - $3.47 (2.7 oz)
Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Ceam - $5.99
Essie Smooth Trick Deep-Conditioning Cuticle Oil - $8.47
O'Keeffe's Working Hands Hand Cream - $6.47